Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Forward Tip Top Tuesday


Since we have sprung forward this last weekend, it is making me as motivated as ever to get my butt outdoors after work. It has always been hard wanting to go workout after work during the winter months. Not only am I tired, but especially because it is just so dang dark outside. You go to work in the dark , and then come home in the dark. My Tip Top Tuesday for this week is coming a little late today, however, I have been feeling a little under the weather.  I would like to focus on fitness and food today.



First, I recently have signed up for the weight loss subscription box through Bulu Box. You can find out more about Bulu Boxes HERE. However, while I was going through Bulu Box website they had an article on the Bulu Box Crew’s Top 100 workout  songs. You can find the link to the list HERE.  It is a top 100 music list made by Bulu Box through Spotify. II had not heard about Spotify until now. However, what I like about Spotify is that you can go through the Bulu Top 100 Workout song list and pick your favorite songs  from their list. You can then install Spotify on your phone and it will only play the favorites that you have selected.  The list on the Bulu Top 100 are really good songs, very motivating, and are, like they say, great energetic workout songs. Music is my must have for any workout, especially when I am going on a long run. Check it out and let me know what you think.



Next, with moving the clocks forward an hour, energy has already been lacking in my life. Here is a great article I found from Women’s Health Online. They list the top 5 ways to get an energy boost.  I thought it was a great online article that you can find HERE.  However here is the article in a nutshell, out of order, but how I took it:


  1.  Before I leave the office, organize something. Organizing these little     things make them less worrisome later, and out of your mind, which leaves room for other thoughts like working out, or making that healthy meal when you get home.
  2. When I get home from work take a little time just to unwind. Even if it is only 60 seconds to just take a breather;
  3. Take in some laughter in the day, or even when I get home. Watch a short little You Tube clip, and laugh a little. Energy levels are directly related to the way you feel.
  4. Make sure I have my tunes ready to go, and pump up the jams as I get ready to work out or while I am making some dinner. Music help energy levels; and
  5. Last, have some peppermint gum, oil or hand lotion handy at all times. Peppermint smell has an effect on a person’s motivation and concentration.



  
Next is a recipe that I have try.  I always tend to stay away from treats, but as spring comes these seems like a healthy treat perfect for this time of the year. I found this off of Eat Yourself Skinny. You can find the full article from Eat Yourself Skinny HERE. 



FUNFETTI CAKE COOKIES, using funfetti cake mix, fat-free vanilla yogurt, and eggs.

Servings: 30
Serving Size: 1 cookie 
Calories: 78
Fat: 1.5 g
Carbs: 14.8 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 1 g

I hope that my finds this week interest you as well. Let me know what you think.  I know that these little tips are always a great for my, and are helpful and motivating in my journey to be the best person I can be.

Until next time...



Stay Tickled Pink,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment