Friday, July 5, 2013

June From the Lab- Beauty Subscription Review


I was given the opportunity to try out a fairly new subscription, From the Lab. As you know if you have read through my blog, I love trying new things especially makeup. And what better than trying out makeup before it even hits the stores, and right from the source. I love it, and perfect for me, and I am excited to share it with you.


What is From the Lab?

From the Lab, pretty much skips the middle man, and selects the most exciting products right from the lab. after they have been fully approved and tested that is, and then sends it out to women to get our honest opinions on the products.  Each month members of From the Lab, get an exclusive selection of up to three color cosmetics, skin care or hair products, and then gets to try them out at a fraction of the cost.

Cost: $19.95 per month (plus shipping and handling)

June’s From the Lab



Eyelift Primer No. 328


I am a huge fan of primer for my eyes. Currently, I am using Benefit Stay Don’t Stray, and I love it. I was interested to see how the Eyelift Primer No. 328, from From the Lab, compared.

Texture: The texture of the Eyelift Primer was nice and creamy, and went on very smooth. Compared to Benefit Stay Don’t Stray, Benefit is a little thicker, and a goes a little further than Eyelift Primer No. 328.

Wear: Eyelift Primer No. 328 is said to last 12 hours, and to prevent creasing of eye shadow. While, it did help eye shadow go on nice and smooth, I do not think it made my eye shadow last longer, at least not for 12 hours. I would say it lasted about 8 hours. As for creasing, I give Eyelift Primer No. 328 an A plus. Compared to Benefit, I would say Benefit gets a little better score on the wear, as it seems to make my shadow last longer, and is better for under the eyes as well. The Eyelift Primer No. 328. has a little bit of a shimmer, very subtle, and I did not feel it would look as good under the eye as it did on the eye lid.

What makes it Special: Eyelift Primer No. 328 is said to help with fine lines and wrinkles, and also has coffee extract which helps fight free radical damage, and help improve the skins appearance. Compared to Benefit, which is said to help with aging, I am not sure if I saw any of the benefits that either eye primer promotes. I really do think this is a tie when it comes to what makes it special.

Overall, I really do love my Benefit Stay Don’t Stray, and may be partial. However, Eyelift Primer No. 328, was not bad at all. It really did make for a good surface on the eye lid for shadows, or by itself. I think this will be a good primer for a relax day, when I want to look natural.

Face Primer No. 327


This Face Primer No. 327 is said to keep your makeup looking fresh for 24 hours. It also is said to enhance while repairing the appearance of your skin, with helping anti-aging, minimizing pores, and protecting the skin.

Just a background, I am not a big face primer fan, but I am always willing to give it a try. My skin is pretty oily naturally so I find that many primers just make me feel oilier after I put my makeup on. What I liked about the Face Primer No. 327, is that it was really light. It went on nice and smooth, dried very quickly, and I did not notice it on afterwards, which I liked. I didn’t really notice that my makeup went on any different, but I felt like my skin was softer.

The Face Primer No. 327, is said to help skin feeling soft and silky all day long. I do not think I could say it lasted all day long. However, I get oily throughout the day around my t-zone, but the other parts of my face seemed to stay soft and silky feeling all day long.  This seemed more like a moisturizer than anything though.


Tickled Pink Opinion: Overall I really think that From the Lab is a great and inventive subscription service. When it comes to beauty products, I think it is great that a company like From the Lab, is going to straight to the heart of who is really going to be buying these products, us women. And the price of this subscription is not too much to pay for high end beauty products. The monthly $19.95, would hardly cover just one of the primers at the store.

What do you think of From the Lab? If you would like to learn more about From the Lab, or to sign up  you can HERE.

Until next time
Stay Tickled Pink,


Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment