Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January Mystery Golden Tote Review


A couple weeks ago I posted about Golden Tote and their Mystery January Tote, which I was super excited for. Well, it came last week, and I am excited to share what I received. It all comes in a cute tote as well, which is golden!



What is Golden Tote Mystery Tote?
Golden Tote does a once a year' Mystery Tote which is reminiscent of the Japanese tradition, Fukubukuro, where store owners once a year curate mystery grab bags of merchandise of the year at an incredible deal. The tote contains FOUR surprise items, including one Puella dress from previous seasons, at least one item found in a previous $149 tote and two other items, which could be chosen items or surprise items from previous totes. The Mystery tote has a value of up to $300 for the cost of$50, and took the place of the regular January selection.

January
Mystery Tote


Endless Rose Tribal Vegan Vest - $52 Retail
This vest is cute, looks super cozy and soft on the inside, and very well made. However, it just is not my style. I definitely would have never picked this out for myself. It was a miss, but already is on its way to its new home today.  

Lumiere Black and Cream Striped Sweater $47 Retail
I really love this sweater, and was hoping for a nice heavy chunky boyfriend type sweater in my tote. Lucky me I got one that I really like. I already have worn this to work.


Puella Grey Striped Maxi Dress $88 Retail Price
Golden Tote assured everyone that at least one item would be Puella. I really have loved every other Puella item that I have received in previous totes, and I actually got this maxi dress in black. So, when I got this maxi dress in grey I was super pumped. A great addition to my Mystery Tote.

Cefian Black/Gray Long Sleeve Thumb Hole Shirt $30?

I saw that other people had received this Cefian Shirt in Navy, yet I have not seen it in black. However, I love black shirts, so I was super excited to see that the shirt I got was black. I actually did a triple take on the shirt to make sure I was not mistaking it for black, when it really was navy. But, no, it is black.


TICKLED PINK OPINION

Overall, I really love this month’s Mystery Golden Tote. Out of 4 items I love 3 of them, and think it was a great mix of items for me. I have been looking around online and have seen other mystery totes that I envy, but I do not mind mine at all. Also, for the cost of the Mystery Golden Tote, which was $50, plus tax, I received a total of approximately $217 worth of fantastic clothing. Golden Tote did say it would be around $300 worth of clothing, but I am sure Golden Tote prices some of the pieces higher.  In the end, I would definitely say the Mystery Golden Tote for January was worth every penny.  


What did you think of the January’s Mystery Golden Tote? If you are interested in learning more and signing up for February’s Golden Tote, you can HERE. Please note that February selection will be revealed early February, so stay tuned.


Until next time
Stay Tickled Pink,
Stephanie




1 comment:

  1. Loved your review! We got the same dress! I wish I would have gotten some heavy sweaters like the one you received, I've totally been into oversize/boyfriend sweaters this season.

    Looking forward to more of you posts!
    XOXO, M.

    Check out my reviews too! I ordered two. (:
    http://michellenguyenpremd.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/golden-tote-mystery-tote-review-1-january-2014/
    and
    http://michellenguyenpremd.wordpress.com/2014/01/20/golden-tote-mystery-tote-review-no-2-january-2014/

    ReplyDelete